Tuesday, March 5, 2013

TSA to Allow Pocket Knives on Planes


The Transportation Security Administration, you know, those guys that make you take off your shoes at airports and don't have the common decency to at least put a rug down, has some good news for handymen and women today. Starting April 25th, they'll allow small pocket knives in carry-on luggage on planes. Here is a link to their press release.

Also...


They'll now allow previously prohibited sports equipment, such as pool cues, golf clubs, and hockey sticks. Does this sound like a hijacking attempt waiting to happen? Well, don't worry. Now Casey Jones is free to protect our airlines once again.


Joking aside, I think this is pretty good news. If I were a frequent air traveler, I imagine I would have "donated" plenty of pocket knives to the TSA over the years, including my beloved Swiss Tech Utili-key (centered in the title picture of this post). Come April 25th, you won't have to worry about that anymore.

No comments :