Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fiskars Cuts+More 5-in-1 Utility Scissors Review


How many of you have a pair of safety-scissors you "borrowed" from grade school 15 years ago? Come on, raise your hands. Are you really still using those? I think it's time you grew up and bought a pair of adult scissors. Kick-butt adult scissors, if you will. 



The Fiskars Cuts+More multi-purpose scissors are just what you need. They aren't just scissors, they also feature a bottle opener (kinda silly, IMO, but why not?), a knife, a light-duty wire cutter, and the sheath has a sharpener and box tape cutter. Yes, these come with a sheath.

Speaking of the sheath, let's get that out of the way so I can focus on the scissors themselves. The sheath fits snugly over the blades and lets you cut tape on boxes without the risk of cutting yourself (or the box contents). It also has a blade sharpener built right in. Do these need a sheath, probably not, but it's a nice feature and I'm sure the sharpener will come in handy.


On to the scissors; they work well. They'll cut everything from fabric to thick cardboard. They come apart for easy cleaning and to use one blade as a knife. Sure, it's not the most comfortable or effective knife, but it works. I'm sure the bottle opener feature works too, but I probably won't every find myself using it. After all, bottle openers are pretty much everywhere these days.

I was in search of a good pair of utility scissors when I purchased these, and I couldn't expect more from them. The street price is right around $10, so they're a great deal too.

No comments :